Saturday, January 30, 2010

I'm sitting in the Sheraton Hartford as I wait for night to fall so I can do my comedy thing. This morning I had breakfast in the restaurant with about 30 college hockey players. All young, all robust and all hungry. Seriously there was NOTHING left in the buffet. When the waitress went to refill the yogurts I had to push my way in just to get to the blueberry one. And I looked at these loud, laughing, young men. Tomorrow I go to Kuwait, then Iraq where I will meet young men and women roughly the same age as the hockey players. Do they still have that twinkle in their eyes that comes from just being well 20 years old? If not I hope that us comics being there gives them some kind of joy.
As Americans we have so much that we take for granted. Shelter, food, plumbing, FREEDOM.
And so the adventure begins.

No comments: